Cornwall, Ontario, located on the St. Lawrence River, has a wealth of outdoor and indoor activities for families of all ages. If you love sports, there are plenty of places to play, no matter what the weather. With arts & cultural activities, your family can experience diverse entertainment right in your own hometown. Your Cornwall real estate agent can help you find the home of your dreams and you can start making memories.
Local Cornwall Facilities with Plenty of Fun
Here are a few venues among our local favourites for families.
- Benson Centre: hosts three NHL-sized rinks, indoor courts for tennis, pickleball, and badminton.
- Archie’s Family Golf: offers mini-putt, footgolf, and a driving range. There’s also a food truck on site for refreshments.
- The Cornwall Aquatic Center: enjoy a 6-lane indoor swimming pool, waterslide, toddler leisure pool, and more.
- Prehistoric World: houses life-size dinosaur reproductions.
- Cooper Marsh: a fascinating wetland conservation area with turtles, fish, and over 130 varieties of birds.
- Upper Canada Village: a quaint reproduction of an 1860s village with costumed interpreters and over 40 heritage buildings.
Festivals and Fun Events in Cornwall, ON
Cornwall is home to many local venues that offer entertainment for families. You can enjoy art galleries, concerts, and theatrical productions in the city. The Cornwall Ribfest is an annual festival hosted by the Optimist Club. It’s a four-day event with barbecue, live music, and carnival rides.
Agritourism is on the rise in Cornwall, with many local farms hosting special events during the growing season. Sledding and ice skating are popular winter activities, with local businesses hosting neighbourhood rinks and special locations for safe sledding.
The Nav holds several yearly events including whisky tasting and RB&B (Ribs, Beer & Blues festival). The St. Lawrence river, with several local marinas, is sure to please any water sport lovers with fishing, boating, ice fishing, water skiing or even scuba diving.
For outdoor enthusiasts, camping is available at the waterfront provincial parks and other privately owned campgrounds, which boast beautiful scenic waterfront trails for biking, hiking and snowmobiling, ATV trails and so much more. There are a lot of historical sites to visit and The Port Theatre hosts tribute bands and musicals. You get the best of both worlds from country to city amenities, like our great local shops! You can find a little something to please everyone.
Cornwall, Ontario is a great place for families to find their dream home and make memories of fun times. Homes for sale in Cornwall, Ontario are affordable. Contact us to get more information about the city and real estate opportunities.